Thursday 20 October 2011

MAC Fall Colour Lipsticks


These are lipsticks which I already had in my collection but have been released with the MAC Fall Colour collection. The shades featured here are all PRO colours so are available all year round at PRO stores and via phoning mail order. The shades I have are Violetta, Show Orchid and Neon Orange.

L-R: Violetta, Show Orchid, Neon Orange
Violetta is a fuchsia based purple lipstick. Whilst purple lipstick may seem strange, it is very wearable for a lot of skin tones. On some people it may appear more pink than on others. On me it is quite close to the bullet colour. It is an Amplified finish which is one of my favourites as they are well pigmented and last on the lips well. It works particularly well will green eyes as it compliments them, making them appear brighter and greener. This colour looks nice when patted on to be sheerer and also topped with a fuchsia pink gloss.


Show Orchid is an amazing bright fuchsia pink with a purply fuchsia irridencence. It looks almost like a duochrome on the lips. Even though it is bright, it is still very flattering when paired with simple neutral eye makeup. It is an Amplified finish and almost completely opaque. This colour could be patted on for more of a stain or sheerer finish.


Neon Orange is not what I would call neon (think highligher pens) but it is still very bright. It is the sort of colour which colour easily be shyed away from, however it still looks very nice on the lips when paired with neutral eyes. You could even add a little pop of colour such as a tiny bit of cyan liner smudged into the lower lashes or by using burnt oranges/coppers and browns on the eyes too to create a monochromatic look. It is an amplified finish and is very creamy and opaque.


I think all three of these colours make nice additions to my makeup collection. The colours are fun and can be used in many looks. I also love to do neutral eyes and bright lipstick.

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Great picks. :)
    I kinda wish I would have bought Neon Orange, though, it's such a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice swatches I'm still in debate whether to get Show Orchid or not but everytime I see a swatch I feel like I need it, such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and questions, I appreciate you taking the time to chat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...