Sunday 9 January 2011

MAC Cham-Pale Special Reserve Highlighting Powder & Flustered Lipstick Review

Special Reserve Highlighting Powder is a brand new and limited edition product from MAC for the Cham-Pale collection. They have released two colours - Chez Chez Lame (soft gold with silver shimmer) and Rose Ole (soft rosey pink with golden shimmer). As soon as I saw these I thought they looked gorgeous with the crinkled pattern, like a scrunched up piece of fabric. I was also really into the idea of highlighting my cheek bones because sometimes my skin can look a little flat or dull I guess and I wanted to brighten it up and make my cheek bones stand out more. The contain 10g of product and are the larger compact like Mineralize Skin Finishes or Bronzing Powders. They are really lovely, although highly reflective so some people may dislike them. Rose Ole is darker and I'd say it would work better on black or Asian skin than Chez Chez Lame because that one might look a bit powdery due to the colour. I originally thought that I'd use Chez Chez Lame on my NC20 skin during the winter and Rose Ole in the summer when I have a tan. After trying them, I still think that would work best. I think this because of the coppery tones of Rose Ole so I think it would work nicely for a bronzed look.

Chez Chez Lame, Rose Ole
L-R: Rose Ole, Rose Ole sheered out, Chez Chez Lame,
Chez Chez Lame sheered out, Flustered lipstick
The final thing I got from Cham-Pale was Flustered Lipstick. I did like the Lipgeles but I think realisticly they are too frosty for me to wear often enough to buy. Flustered is a frosted bronze, it is a limited edition shade for this collection. I'm not a big fan of frost finishes but this is a nice colour and it doesn't appear as frosty as pale shades. It applies smoothly and doesn't feel gritty like some frost lipsticks can.


- Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions, I appreciate you taking the time to chat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...