Friday 18 March 2011

MAC Wonder Woman Pink Power MSF Review

When I saw that MAC were releasing new Mineralize Skinfishes with the Wonder Woman collection I was so excited. I love MSFs, I only had one beforehand (Stereo Rose) but really liked how they looked in other bloggers swatches and FOTD looks. With Wonder Woman, MAC brought out two shades of MSF, one being a dark tanned trio, the other being a lighter pink trio. I went for the pink version as the dark one would have been quite orange on me as it is more suited for deep skintones.

These are a new style of MSFs where the powder isn't swirled together like others such as Stereo Rose, instead split into three sections which you can swirl together or use individually as blush, highlight and contour colours. These ones are also jumbo sized, being 20g of product compared to the regular 10g. They are enormous - which is great to be able to use each colour individually plus they make excellent value for money being only a few extra pounds more than the regular 10g sized MSFs. However, if you are one that likes to pop their products in their bag for a top up, these are quite clumsy and would take up a lot of space. I only carry lip products so it doesn't bother me. I do think it is a shame there is no mirror in the lid because the compact is large enough for a decent sized one but then that would have been something else to increase the price.

The highlighting shade is a shimmery champagne shade, it is quite shimmery but not glittery. The blush shade is a peachy pink with shimmer, a really nice colour. The bronzing shade is a reddish brown but isn't too orange however a light hand would be wise, building colour if desired. It has a subtle sheen to it.

Pictures and swatches...




Size comparision with Stereo Rose on the right.

L-R: Highlighting shade, bronzing shade and blusher shade
each heavily swatched and blended out.
Overall, a nice product which I think I will enjoy using over the Summer as at the moment the bronzing shade seems a tad dark on me right now but once I get a little colour it should be fine. Pricewise, I think it is great value and I really like the compact design itself.
- Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions, I appreciate you taking the time to chat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...